Thursday, 31 July 2014

'untitled'

March 28, 2011


 'untitled'

I don't talk very much
You don't hear my voice
So you think I am stupid
Because I don't fit
Into the pretty box you made
For normal

Who wants to be normal anyway?

My mom always told my sisters and I
You can do anything
You can be anything

So why would I want to be normal?

Just because I need a facilitator
For communication
Does not mean my brain is broken
My voice is muted,
But my thoughts are louder.

I am a daughter
A sister
A best friend
I laugh at corny jokes                      
I cry when my friends are hurting

I can't control my body like I wish I could
Sometimes I scream for what seems like hours
When my pain is too much to bear.
Songs are magic then
They transport me
I am distracted until the pain subsides

You might think that my screams
Are too loud for your comfort
I get it, really I do.
Try being inside my head when it's happening
There is no mute.

If I could change one thing -- it would be going to the washroom alone.
Who wants an audience?

What would you change about you?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Your comments will be posted once they have been approved by the moderator (me!!!!- A.T.)